[ Contest Info ]
Welcome to the Contest Information page! We offer two contests: the Blue Seal Awards for unpublished manuscripts and the Founders’ Choice Awards for published work. Please review the guidelines carefully and “happy entering”!
Blue Seal Awards
Sponsored by Almost An Author, the Blue Seal Awards are open to anyone who has not published a manuscript in the genre in which they choose to submit.
Founders’ Choice Awards
Sponsored by Serious Writer, Inc., the Founders’ Choice Awards are open to anyone published in the previous year, both traditionally and self-published.
Contest fees are $15 per entry for both Blue Seal Awards and Founders’ Choice Awards. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
Entrants must pay via PayPal for both contests. (Click the word Paypal to make payment).
Payment and submissions must be received by September 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern.
To hold to our beliefs and standards for promoting Christian and clean writing, no profanity, graphic sex, or “rated-R” content will be considered. Entries that contain these elements will be disqualified at the Conference Executives’ discretion. There will be no refunds for entries that are disqualified and you will not be notified.
All entries must be original works of the author or authors.
All entries must be submitted in English.
No author who has published in a category may enter an unpublished piece in that same category. For example, if you are published (traditional or self) in Romantic Suspense, you cannot enter the Blue Seal Awards in that category. Conversely, if you are published in Romantic Suspense, you are allowed to enter the Blue Seal Award for Speculative fiction.
Entries will not be returned, so sign the copy if you want!
Any category receiving less than the minimum submission requirement will be combined with the closest genre category. Judges reserve the right to cancel a category if the level of submissions is not up to industry publishing standards.
Contests may be entered even if you are not planning on attending the conference.
- Devotionals – up to 1,000 words
- Bible Study – up to 1,000 words
- Non-fiction –Chapter breakdown/synopsis; Submit first chapter
- Memoirs/Personal Essay
- Short Nonfiction: Magazine Feature Article – under 1,500 words
- Flash Fiction/Poetry – under 1,000 words
- Under 500 words
- Under 1000 words
- Novels: General, contemporary, literary, etc. – Submit first three chapters
- Romance (western, historical, fantasy, etc. Please note: no erotica will be accepted.) – Submit first three chapters
- Thriller/Mystery/Suspense – Submit first three chapters
- Speculative (no horror) – Submit first three chapters
- Children’s and Youth
- Picture Books – Submit entire work.
- Easy Readers – Submit entire work.
- YA Fiction – Submit first three chapters.
- YA Non-fiction – Submit first three chapters.
- Middle Grade – Submit first three chapters.
- Chapter Books – Submit first three chapters.
- 12-pt Times New Roman font
- 1” margins
- Include the title of the manuscript in the header. Insert page numbers
- File may be submitted as a Word .doc or .docx or .pdf
If these format guidelines are not followed, the entry will be disqualified with no refund and no notice.
Submission Guidelines for the Blue Seal Awards
Follow the formatting guidelines above and include in the one Word document a cover page with the author’s name, the manuscript’s title, category genre, and word count.
The author’s name should not be listed anywhere in the document except for the cover page.
Payment must be received prior to contest entry deadline or submission will be disqualified.
Email your entry to email@example.com with the subject line “2017 OCWC Contest.” Attach your document in a .doc , .docx, or .pdf format only.
Submission Guidelines for the Founders’ Choice Awards
Mail one copy of book (or published work) and one cover page including author name, title, and category genre to:
PO Box 206
Nesbit, MS 38651
Winners will be announced at the conference and do not need to be present to win.